Welcome to St Bernadette's Home Page
This is where you will find information about the topics that we are covering this term.
Dates for Term 4 2020
Monday 24th February - Wednesday 1st April 2020
Last day of Term 4 - Wednesday 1st April. School finishes at 2.30pm.
First day of Term 5 - Thursday 16th April 2020
Areas of Learning in Term 4
PSE - Listening to others' ideas. Teamwork.
PD - Ball skills.
Literacy - Blending sounds. Segmenting words.
Communication & Language - Using past, present and future tenses accurately.
Mathematics - Number work. 3D shapes.
Understanding the World - ICT. Topic: Plants and growth. Animals and their young.
RE - Eucharist, Lent.
Expressive Art & Design - Music, role play, Craft activities.
Dates for Term 4
- Thursday 12th March - St Bernadette Class Assembly. In the school hall, 9.10am.
- Monday 16th March - Parents Evening - times to be advised
- Wednesday 18th March - Parents Evening - times to be advised.
We are always looking out for different resources to stimulate the children's thinking and learning. If you have any unwanted items in reasonable condition,e.g. junk modelling items, unwanted cookware, gardening items (pots, trays, pebbles), building materials (bricks, blocks, pipes, guttering), material - scraps, threads, wool, buttons......the list is endless! Please think before you recycle items - we might be able to use them. Thank you!
- Please remember to label all items of clothing, including everything in the PE kit, blazers, coats, hats, scarves, etc. Please check regularly that your child's name is on their jumper or cardigan, as names fade in the wash - Thank you.
- Please ensure that your child brings a suitable coat to school everyday. Our learning often takes place outside so your child will need to be suitably dressed.
- Homework is given out on a Friday to be handed in by the following Wednesday.
- Please remember to keep your child's reading books and reading record in their book bag every day. Also, please make a note in the reading record when you hear your child read.
- We are happy to talk over any queries that you may have - Just ask us at the gate at the end of the day.